- Improved IP6 compatibility (new option in the program settings).
- Improved layout synchronization.
- Layout has not been synchronized if Mac computer name contained a non-ASCII character (e.g. apostroph).
- Improved IP6 compatibility
- Improved switching between displays
Release of major new version 6 (list of new features)
- Improved update notification dialog.
- Fixed license key registration issue
- Disabled local-only debugging logging, that was accidentally left on in v5.0.43.
- Security fix (the exploit would require local access to the system root of the local computer. An attacker with such deep access could do anything with the computer anyway, regardless of ShareMouse).
- Improved clipboard synchronization of HTML formatted text.
To update an existing installation with this particular version, please perform a full uninstallation and then reinstall the newer version.
- Improved monitor layout handling
- Improved switching between user sessions (switch between applications with admin or user rights or UAC dialogs).
- Resolved Drag & Drop issue when ShareMouse is configured in dark mode.
- Accelerated switching between user sessions (UAC dialogs, access to lock screen).
- Mouse position restore after switching user sessions.
- Prevent switching to temporarily disabled ShareMouse installation.
- Improved connection to other clients after system start in specific situations.
- Improved monitor layout profile switching.
- Remote Login now supports FaceID and TouchID.
- Improved detection if network is not yet ready after computer startup.
- Improved detection of clipboard content changes.
- Resolved dimming issue after Laptop (un)docking.
- Improved user interface (larger font)
- Improved clipboard sharing
- Resolved dimming issue
- Dark mode support
- Improved connection stability
- Extended debug logging
- Fixed minor software update check issue
This minor update and available in the update section only.
- Improved RemoteDesktop compatibility
- Improved mouse pointer responsiveness.
- Notification if multiple license keys are being used on a single installation.
- Updated URL to check for updates.
- Improved behavior if multiple network adapters have the same name.
- Compatibility update of internal components.
- Improved support for very large monitor setups.
- Settings can now also be closed with the red X button.
- Help-button now opens the specific manual chapter.
- License is cached to bridge temporary network connection hiccups.
- Solved issue with WMI network adapter queries (Crash on startup).
- Support to enter login credentials including the domain.
- Improved Drag & Drop of file folders.
- Improved coordinate caculation in top left monitor area.
- Input of license keys is now blocked in password protection input field to assist users with advanced creativity skills.
- Solved very rare crashes on computers with Asian keyboard layout when pasting remote clipboard contents.
First ShareMouse v4 Release (new features)