Can I have a discount?
Discounts are granted for volume purchases (see volume discount schedules linked in the shop section). The discount coupon feature in the shopping cart is used for returning customers and for custom orders though.
However, we kindly ask for your understanding that we are not able to grant discounts for individuals on request. We consider that being unfair to offer varying prices for all the customers paying the regular price. We rather try to meet different budgets by offering different product versions with different feature sets.
Additionally, we offer freeware versions for a selection of our products.
Thank you for your understanding.
Which product edition do I need?
The feature matrix on the shop page illustrates which feature is included in which edition. If you click a feature title, you get additional info about each feature.
The most important distinction between Standard Edition and Professional Edition is the maximum allowed number of computers and monitors. The Standard Edition allows only two computers where each computer must not have more than one single display.
How are displays counted?
This page illustrates, how displays are counted for ShareMouse:
This is a computer with one single display:
Note: The integrated laptop display counts as a display.
The Standard Edition is fine for two computers with one single display each.
- The Standard Edition is fine for two laptops without any additional display.
- The Standard Edition is fine for one laptop without any additional display plus one desktop with no more or less than one single connected display.
- The Standard Edition is fine for two desktop computers, where each desktop has no more or less than one single connected display.
This is a computer with two displays:
This is a laptop with one integrated display plus an additional monitor (aka "display") connected to that laptop.
- Above example doesn't show one but two displays because the internal display of the laptop is still also counted as a display.
- A display is counted, even if you do not look at it.
- A display is counted, even if you disable any displays while it is still detected by the operating system. You can review this in the Display Properties dialog of your computer.
- A display is counted, even if you "don't use it for ShareMouse". ShareMouse does not know if you really don't use it or if you just claim not using it.
- A display is counted, even if you never or rarely move the mouse to it.
- An Virtual Reality display device (such as Oculus Rift) is counted as a display.
- A display still counts as a display, even if we may use the alternative term "monitor" or "screen".
- A display is counted, even if you "don't know, why it is connected anyway".
- It also is counted, if it is connected to a computer but not used for that computer (e.g. if you have a monitor switch, that can switch a single monitor for use with multiple computers). If the operating system recognizes such display, ShareMouse also recognizes and counts it as a display. Again, this is also the case, even if you don't look at it or if you do not move the mouse to it.
This is a computer with three displays:
This example shows a laptop with one built-in display plus two connected external monitors.
The result is three monitors. Any computer involved with such configuration would require the Pro Edition as more than one display is connected. If you purchased the Standard Edition by accident recently, you can upgrade your license from Standard to Pro.
Is the license a subscription?
No, the software is no subscription but a single purchase with a one-time payment. There is not recurring payment.
Are licenses valid life-time?
Yes, licenses are valid life-time for all software versions which are released during your maintenance term.
Make sure to keep a local backup of your software installation file as we do not maintain a repository of older software versions.
Only maintenance (free updates, upgrades and new versions) expire after the end of the selected maintenance term of either one, three or five years, but you can continue to use your existing installation without expiration.
What is maintenance?
Maintenance is much more than just updates.
It includes any update, upgrade and also major new version with new features we release within the maintenance term.
- Licenses do not expire and are valid life-time.
- Licenses are no subscription and there is no recurring payment.
- If a new version should be released just a few months after your purchase, you don't need to purchase an upgrade. Instead such upgrades are free for you and included in your maintenance at no extra cost.
- If you renew maintenance, you get additional discount.
Do you entertain a refund policy?
A money-back guarantee means, that you first have to pay, then you may find out, that the product does not meet your expectations and you would have to claim your money back.
We don't want your money first - We want your confidence first!
You can extensively try out our software free of charge to make a confident purchase decision.
We don't urge you to buy. Please test all offered functions and take the time you need to test everything for suitability and compatibility with your individual system environment. That is why we do not have a refund policy.
Where can I find my license key?
If you cannot retrieve the license key delivery mail coming from "ShareIt/DigitalRiver" from your email inbox:
- Visit our ecommerce reseller webpage.
- Adjust the web page language in the upper left, if necessary.
- Click the button "My Account" and log into your account.
There you should find your license key information.
If you lost the login information as well, click the "Request Login/Password" link below the user/password input boxes.
What happens after the end of maintenance?
Your software installation will continue to work. However, your license key no longer works for security-critical security updates and we recommend to renew the maintenance. Returning customers get discount.
Is the online shop safe?
Yes, buying from the online store is safe.
Our online shop is operated by one of the world's largest online shop operators, Digital River, which operates shops for Samsung, Microsoft, Lenovo and many more.
The key symbol in the address bar of your browser during the purchase procedure makes sure that your personal data will be securely encrypted during tramsmission:
Are future updates free?
Yes, you get free service packs, updates, upgrades and all major new versions during the selected mainentance term of one, three or five years.
After maintenance expiration, your license does not expire and you can continue to use the latest version, you were able to download during your valid maintenance term.
Please keep the installation files as we only provide the latest, current version.
Can I trust your company?
Our business is well-established for more than 20 years with a registered address in the heart of the very oldest city in Germany, Trier. Our online shop is operated by the US based vendor Digital River.
Digital River is one of the biggest software online reseller in the world, trusted by leading companies, such as Adobe, Samsung, Microsoft, Logitech and many more.
What is included in the purchase?
Your purchase includes the right to use the software, as well as updates and upgrades, which we publish within the maintenance period you have chosen.
A special feature of our offer is that it also includes all new major versions with new functions.
What will happen after placing the order?
You will receive a confirmation email for your transaction immediately after you place your order online.
If you chose to pay by credit/debit card, your order will be processed immediately.
If you chose a different payment option, you will receive detailed information with your order confirmation explaining how to complete your payment. Orders are processed once payment has been received. You will receive a license key which is delivered to you by email immediately after receiving payment.
If you do not receive an order confirmation after your order has been submitted, please contact customer service of our eCommerce partner Digital River GmbH.
Is maintenance included in the license?
Yes, a license always includes maintenance for the selected term of one, three or five years.
This ensures that you can always use the latest software. You cannot purchase a license without maintenance.
However, if maintenance is expired for your license, you can renew maintenance at discount.
When does the maintenance term start running?
The maintenance term starts with the date of purchase.
License keys are dynamically generated at the time of purchase. The end of maintenance is branded into the license key and can be read that out from the first set of 4-digits, e.g. "0421" means April, 2021.
Can a license be transferred?
Yes, you can release a license association from a user, a computer or a USB stick at any time to use it on another device (or for another user).
Which currencies do you accept?
The base currency is US$.
If you are ordering from outside the USA, you may want to stick with the base currency. The exchange rate of your payment provider is most probably better than the rate of our eCommerce service. We have no influence over the rate eCommerce using for exchanges.
Can licenses be cotermed?
Yes, we would be happy to coterm the maintenance term of your existing licenses with a new purchase.
You would purchasing new licenses together with a maintenance renewal of your existing licenses. Remaining maintenance of existing licenses are credited.
You will then receive a complete set of new license keys that have the same maintenance term.
You can also upgrade to a higher product edition at the same time.
What to do:
Please send us the list of your existing license keys, as well as the number and desired product variation (Standard, Pro, Enterprise Edition, NamedUser/ConcurrentUser) and the desired new maintenance period of 1, 3 or 5 years.
- Purchase of at least 10 new PhraseExpress Pro/Enterprise Edition licenses.
- The edition of the new licenses must be at least the same as the edition of the existing licenses.
- Existing licenses of varying product editions will be streamlined to a common product edition.
- The maintenance period must exceed the maintenance period of the existing licenses.
- Orders can only be placed directly, not in the online shop.
Do you have a Linux version?
No, but we are watching the market closely - When we may release software for Linux in the future, we will offer it on our web site.
Where is the Android version?
Due to extensive changes in the Android operating system, we have discontinued the software in the Playstore. Our apologies for the inconvenience.
For any license related issue with your Google Playstore purchase, please contact Google Playstore support.
License reminders after purchase
Make sure to actually register your purchased license key in the software. A purchase alone does not license the software. You would need to register the license key you received in the delivery email in the software. See the product documentation how to register the license key.
Check in the About window to review if maintenance of your license key expired. Make sure not to use features that have been released after expiration of your maintenance. Consider renewing maintenance for your license.
Our software is available in different product variations (Standard, Pro Enterprise) with different sets of features as advertised in the comparison table of the respective shop webpage.
A special feature of our software is that you can try features of all editions, even if you purchased and registered a smaller edition that does not include such feature of any higher edition. However, in such case you will get occasional license reminders which list the features that triggered the license reminder. Those are not included in your license.
This approach allows you to consider upgrading to higher product variation even after your initital purchase decision.
- If you already purchased the higher edition, make sure to actually deregister the license key of a smaller edition and register the license key of the higher edition.
- Consider to upgrade to a higher edition.
- Discontinue using features that are not included in your license.