Schools and Kindergarten are shut down for several weeks in our region due to the Corona pandemic. To protect our staff and to enable them supporting their families, we temporarily switched to operating from home offices. This may cause delayed communication or limited availability for the time of public restrictions.
You can significantly help to manage the situation:
- For questions, how to use the software, please browse the documentation first.
- "99%" of inquiries we receive every day are really covered in the shop/licensing FAQ or technical FAQ.
- If possible, please prefer sending inquiries through the email form below over telephone calls.
Thank you for your understanding and patience. Take care!
Your Bartels Media Team
How may we assist you?
Is the license a subscription?
No, the software is no subscription but a single purchase with a one-time payment. There is not recurring payment.
Where can I retrieve my lost license key?
Our online shop is handled by the 3rd party eCommerce provider "ShareIt/DigitalRiver" who receives payment and sends the license key(s) for your online purchases.
You have received your license with the delivery email coming from "DigitalRiver/MyCommerce/ShareIt". Please browse your email inbox for any of these sender names.
If you cannot retrieve the delivery mail from your email inbox:
- Visit the ShareIt customers login
- Adjust the web page language in the upper left, if necessary.
- Click the button "My Account" and log into your ShareIt.
- You can retrieve your purchase information.
If you lost the Login information, click the "Request Login/Password" link near the user/password input boxes.
Which product edition do I need?
The feature matrix on the shop page illustrates which feature is included in which edition. If you click a feature title, you get additional info about each feature.
The most important distinction between Standard Edition and Professional Edition is the maximum allowed number of computers and monitors. The Standard Edition allows only two computers where each computer must not have more than one single display.
How are monitors counted?
This page illustrates, how monitors are counted for ShareMouse:
This is a computer with one single display:
Note: The integrated laptop display counts as a display.
The Standard Edition is fine for two computers with one single monitor each.
- The Standard Edition is fine for two laptops without any additional display.
- The Standard Edition is fine for one laptop without any additional display plus one desktop with no more or less than one single connected display.
- The Standard Edition is fine for two desktop computers, where each desktop has no more or less than one single connected display.
This is a computer with two displays:
This is a laptop with one integrated display plus an additional monitor (aka "display") connected to that laptop.
- Above example doesn't show one but two displays because the internal display of the laptop is still also counted as a display.
- A display is counted, even if you do not look at it.
- A display is counted, even if you disable any displays while it is still detected by the operating system. You can review this in the Display Properties dialog of your computer.
- A display is counted, even if you "don't use it for ShareMouse". ShareMouse does not know if you really don't use it or if you just claim not using it.
- A display is counted, even if you never or rarely move the mouse to it.
- An Virtual Reality display device (such as Oculus Rift) is counted as a display.
- A display still counts as a display, even if we may use the alternative term "monitor" or "screen".
- A display is counted, even if you "don't know, why it is connected anyway".
- It also is counted, if it is connected to a computer but not used for that computer (e.g. if you have a monitor switch, that can switch a single monitor for use with multiple computers). If the operating system recognizes such display, ShareMouse also recognizes and counts it as a display. Again, this is also the case, even if you don't look at it or if you do not move the mouse to it.
This is a computer with three displays:
This example shows a laptop with one built-in display plus two connected external monitors.
The result is three monitors. Any computer involved with such configuration would require the Pro Edition as more than one display is connected. If you purchased the Standard Edition by accident recently, you can upgrade your license from Standard to Pro.
I can't switch to the other monitor
Please check the trouble-shooting section in the documentation.
Where can I find my license key?
If you cannot retrieve the license key delivery mail coming from "ShareIt/DigitalRiver" from your email inbox:
- Visit our ecommerce reseller webpage.
- Adjust the web page language in the upper left, if necessary.
- Click the button "My Account" and log into your account.
There you should find your license key information.
If you lost the login information as well, click the "Request Login/Password" link below the user/password input boxes.
Can I have a discount coupon?
Discount coupons are solely used for ugrade or maintenance renewal discounts.
Our apologies, but we do not use discount coupons for sales promotions or for individual customers. We believe, it would be unfair for all users paying the regular price. Thank you for your understanding.
The ShareMouse version available on the download page allows you to try all features for 20-30 minutes. For another evaluation period, simply restart all ShareMouse clients and you get another 30 minutes trial period.
Please test everything thoroughly and if you are happy with the results, the registration of a purchased license key turns the demo version into a full version. There is no need to install any other/different software.
We don't offer a typical "30 day trial version" as ShareMouse does not include any feature, that requires an evaluation over such an extended time period. Testing the remote control feature requires a simple swipe with the mouse. Drag & Drop would take the same time. Trying the copy & remote paste feature is a matter of seconds.
How to avoid mouse pointer lag?
ShareMouse should run as smooth as you can see in our demonstration video - We use regular off-the-shelf hardware.
Please check our performance optimizing tips in the manual.
What happens after the end of maintenance?
Your software installation will continue to work. However, your license key no longer works for security-critical security updates and we recommend to renew the maintenance. Returning customers get discount.