- For questions how to use the software, please browse the documentation first.
- Do have a question about "expired maintenance"?
- Your license key and invoice for online purchases is available in the shop service page.
- "99%" of inquiries we receive every day are really covered in the shop/licensing FAQ or technical FAQ.
How may we assist you?
Is the license a subscription?
No, the software is no subscription but a single purchase with a one-time payment. There is not recurring payment.
Which product edition do I need?
The feature matrix on the shop page illustrates which feature is included in which edition. If you click a feature title, you get additional info about each feature.
The most important distinction between Standard Edition and Professional Edition is the maximum allowed number of computers and monitors. The Standard Edition allows only two computers where each computer must not have more than one single display.
Where can I retrieve my lost license key?
Our online shop is handled by the 3rd party eCommerce provider "MyCommerce/DigitalRiver" (formerly "ShareIt") who receives payment and sends the license key(s) for your online purchases. This company is your contract partner (we, Bartels Media, are the manufacturer but not the vendor).
You have received your license with the delivery email coming from "ShareIt/MyCommerce/DigitalRiver". Please browse your email inbox for any of these sender names.
If you cannot retrieve the delivery mail from your email inbox:
- Visit the MyCommerce Shopper Support webpage.
- Log into your account. If you don't know your login credentials you can request them on that page (We do not have them as we are not the vendor).
- Retrieve your purchase information.
Are licenses valid life-time?
Yes, licenses are valid life-time for all software versions which are released during your maintenance term.
Make sure to keep a local backup of your software installation file as we do not maintain a repository of older software versions.
Only maintenance (free updates, upgrades and new versions) expire after the end of the selected maintenance term, but you can continue to use your existing installation without expiration.
I can't switch to the other monitor
Please check the trouble-shooting section in the documentation.
How are displays counted?
or if a This page illustrates, how displays are counted for ShareMouse:
This is a computer with one single display:
Note: The integrated laptop display counts as a display.
The Standard Edition is fine for two computers with one single display each.
- The Standard Edition is fine for two laptops without any additional display.
- The Standard Edition is fine for one laptop without any additional display plus one desktop with no more or less than one single connected display.
- The Standard Edition is fine for two desktop computers, where each desktop has no more or less than one single connected display.
Any other setup would require the Pro Edition.
This is a computer with two displays:
This is a laptop with one integrated display plus an additional monitor (aka "display") connected to that laptop.
If any computer has more than one display, you would need the Pro Edition.
Below list is obvious for most, but our experience showed that it is not clear to everyone:
- Above example doesn't show one but two displays because the internal display of the laptop is also counts as a display.
- A display is counted, even if you do not or only occasionally look at it.
- A display is counted, even if you "don't use it for ShareMouse". ShareMouse does not know if you really don't use it or if you just claim not using it.
- A display is counted, even if you never or rarely move the mouse to it.
- A display is counted, even if you plug it in for "just a short time".
- A display is counted, even if you disable any displays while it is still detected by the operating system. You can review the number of displays detected by ShareMouse in the Display Properties.
- A Virtual Reality display device (such as Oculus Rift) counts as a display.
- An iPad used as a display for your computer (e.g. macOS "sidecar" feature) counts as a display.
- A display still counts as a display, even if we may use the alternative term "monitor" or "screen".
- A display is counted, even if you "don't know, why it is connected anyway". Yes, Rob.
- A display is counted, if it is connected to a computer but not used for that computer (e.g. if you have a monitor switch, that can switch a single monitor for use with multiple computers or if a display has multiple hardware inputs). If the operating system recognizes such display, ShareMouse also recognizes and counts it as a separate display for each computer.
This is a computer with three displays:
This example shows a laptop with one built-in display plus two connected external monitors.
The result is three monitors. One Laptop, one monitor and another monitor equals 3 (three) displays. Any computer involved with such configuration would require the Pro Edition as more than one display is connected.
Clipboard sharing does not work
Please check the trouble-shooting section in the documentation.
The ShareMouse version available on the download page allows you to try all features for 20-30 minutes. For another evaluation period, simply restart all ShareMouse clients and you get another 30 minutes trial period.
Please test everything thoroughly and if you are happy with the results, the registration of a purchased license key turns the demo version into a full version. There is no need to install any other/different software.
We don't offer a typical "30 day trial version" as ShareMouse does not include any feature, that requires an evaluation over such an extended time period. Testing the remote control feature requires a simple swipe with the mouse. Drag & Drop would take the same time. Trying the copy & remote paste feature is a matter of seconds.
Does the software require an internet connection?
In regular use, our software does not need an internet connection.
An internet connection is used in following cases only:
- The license key registration requires an internet connection for just a few seconds. This is a one-time procedure. We offer an offline licensing option for large volume installations.
- Optional: Our software can occasionally check for updates and download updated versions.
- Optional: Our software PhraseExpress can use the external language translation service DeepL which requires an internet connection.
If you don't make use of any such feature, you can safely block our software in your firewall.
Under no circumstance does our software send any confidential and/or sensitive information to us or anywhere else. Our company resides in Germany, in a country with one of the strictest data privacy laws in the world.
How to avoid mouse pointer lag?
ShareMouse should run as smooth as you can see in our demonstration video - We use regular off-the-shelf hardware.
Please check our performance optimizing tips in the manual.