If you wish to use the license on another computer, you can de-register the license registration.
A license is valid life-time and includes a maintenance term which starts with the date of purchase. After maintenance expiration, you can renew maintenance.
You can also review the license status.
To register a license key to a ShareMouse installation:
- Purchase a license in the online shop.
- You will receive a license key by email after payment.
- Copy the entire license key into the clipboard.
- Click the ShareMouse program system tray icon and select .
- The license key should appear in the input field and will be registered after you click the button Register.
- Only register one single computer per group of computers you wish to link together with ShareMouse. Do not use the license key for multiple computers.
- If wish to use ShareMouse at work and at home, register the computer, which travels with you, e.g. a laptop, that roams with you between work and home. All other ShareMouse installations will automatically get a temporary license upon network connection with a registered computer.
If you have a computer, that roams between different work places, please register that computer as it will license the setups at either place.
- A separate license is required for each separate group of computers. Only one computer needs to be registered with that license key.
The license key registration is an one-time procedure. An internet connection is required to store the license key association to your hardware on your online license database. Only your license key, program version number, the language and hardware ID is transmitted to us during this procedure.
Please reboot a Mac, if ShareMouse can't connect to other ShareMouse clients after registration.
If no internet connection is available on any computer, you can run ShareMouse from an USB stick. Insert the USB stick onto any other guest computer that has internet connection and register the license from there. The license will be tied to the USB stick for use with any PC.
To de-register a license key from a ShareMouse installation:
- Click in the tray icon menu.
- Press ".
If the software has already been uninstalled, simply reinstall ShareMouse to deregister the license key. After deregistration, ShareMouse can be removed from the computer again.
Deregistration is only required on the computer of the ShareMouse installation that you originally registered with a license key.
To renew maintenance for an existing registered installation:
To review the current license status and remaining maintenance term:
- Right-click the ShareMouse tray icon.
- Click the in the popup menu.