By default, ShareMouse adds any other ShareMouse installation in a local network to your setup automatically.
To separate work places in a shared network environment from each other, configure a separate password for each work place:
- Open the ShareMouse " " and switch to section " ".
- Enable the password option and enter a password.
- Repeat above steps on all computers you wish to group to a separate work place.
Done! Only clients with the same password can now connect with each other.
Password-protection automatically enables AES 128 (CBC mode) encryption of network data such as keyboard input, mouse coordinates, clipboard transfer and file transmission data.
If one ShareMouse installation is password-secured, all ShareMouse clients must be password-protected as well.
If these ports are occupied by another application, choose another available port under.
- Port changes must be applied to all connected ShareMouse clients!
- ShareMouse programs must be able to pass the firewall through the ports in the local network.
- You may need to update firewall settings after changing ports!